Re: Primary current vs. BPS

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi All,
>
> While playing with the ScanTesla program, I realized I might have been
> making a mistake over the years.
>
> I think I always assumed that primary RMS current was directly proportional
> to the BPS rate. So if you double the BPS, the primary RMS current doubles...
> So if you have 10Arms at 120 BPS you would have 20Arms at 240 BPS.

Haha, i used to think the same thing until Mark asked me to figure out the RMS current in my DRSSTC. Turns out i was pushing about 90A RMS with the longer bursts. Anyway, i got curious and began trying different BPS, expecting it to double at 240, when really the change was a lot less!

Makes sense now ;-)

Steve