Re: Streamer models used with Terry's new program

At 10:17 PM 6/17/2005, you wrote:

Hi All,
<biG SNIP>

The RC model for the streamer might be modified to account for the ionization decay. The RC model may be a single RC lumped model or it may be a ladder network to account for successive streamers.

Dont know if this is a correct way of thinking of streamers (either partly or completely), but I dont think accurate results will be possible until a better model for streamer formation is done. The results from such a model can certainly be compared to actual measurements and maybe the model can evolve until good matches occur. Seems like you need a model to develope a model.

I have thought that a useful model might be a lossy transmission line with a very slow propagation constant. It has the advantage that it's usable with linear analysis.

The other model (probably more accurate) would be a ladder network with switches triggered by the charge (which is basically what real streamers are)