Re: Spark length dependence on air pressure.

Hi Jim,

Another thought.  Instead of using a look up table (probably the most
accurate) one could use the following exponential equation using 18000
feet
as the half pressure point.  Note, I use "2^" cause this is the half
pressure point and this equation would predict that at 36000 ft the
pressure would be 1/4 of sea level and I dont know if this is true.  Im
being somewhat lazy here cause I dont want to look it up.

Gerry R.

	The problem with that approach is that the temperature isn't constant
over the region, but instead goes through several different regions.
Colder and colder until you get into the stratosphere, and then things
can change a lot.  It's a lot better than nothing but the normal
"standard atmosphere" charts include nominal temperature variation with
altitude.

Ed