Re: High Voltage Experiments

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 6/21/05 2:28:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

That's an interesting observation. Now that you mention it, it does
seem that the "shocks" that I've experienced were with the smaller
coils. I had also mentioned that I never got shocked with a "sono-
tube" secondary coil coil either but that would be a "larger" coil, too,
wouldn't it? Maybe others can shed some more light on this....

David Rieben

David,

The most "shocking" coil I've seen was one of Richard Hull's
He wound some Teflon insulated wire I think, on a polyethylene form
I think.  This secondary was about 1 foot diameter by 20" long
or so.

John