Beating Steve's coil >:o))

Hi all,

Well, I guess Steve Ward has the "best" DRSSTC...  Grrrrrrrr... :o)))

I was always hoping to use my DRSSTC drive box on my "big coil" for big arcs. My little, easily portable, DRSSTC coil cannot take big arcs... So I ran that past ScanTesla:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/BigCoil-AsIs-02.gif

Pretty graph, but only 100kV!!!! :-((

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/BigCoil-AsIs-01.gif

Barely a joule of energy to the load!! And I note that spike looks like a middle finger :-p

The streamer energy rise time is "cloudy"...

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/BigCoil-AsIs-03.gif

Bottom line is, my idea of "just driving it" with a DRSSTC box is going to be a disaster!!!!!!!

I am running 4.6 million models right now to see if I can still use the secondary system and primary coil... The biggest problem is the original coil's "tiny" 27.7uF primary cap... Real bad bang energy and rise time... That coil has a wide and well known coupling range... The model will take several hours... If I have to go with a new secondary system, it might take a month to find the "super" combination!!.... ;-)))) I might have to bring the 64bit Sun computer back on-line!!

Cheers,

	Terry