Re: Towards the autonomous lifter - electrostatic voltage generators.

" > Hi Bob,

http://www.thunderpower-batteries.com/html/batteries.html

 > Note that they need special chargers and can explode
 > in a dramatic fire in
 > abused or charged wrong.
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry

  Thanks. You should send this suggestion to the list
if you haven't already.

    Bob"

	If anyone is interested I can provide the schematic for a simple LiIon
charger that does a good and safe job.  As far as I can tell from
reading manufacturer's literature, the reports of explosions are due to
misuse (shorting or overcharge).  I've been using a pair of the really
lightweight Li Poly cells in small electric R/C planes for about a year
with no problems.  Electronic Goldmine has had very good buys in  1 and
1.2 AH metal-cased cells for as little as $1.00 each, usually about two
bucks each.  These would make excellent power sources for isolated
instrumentation to sit on top of a TC and send to remote receivers.

Ed