Re: Towards the autonomous lifter - electrostatic voltage generators.

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed,

> Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 407 649 6400"

> First, I agree that equation is upside down!  Otherwise we'd all be
> flying off into space!  Sloppy poo! As for your main point, I guess that
> depends on how one defines centrifugal acceleration.  The one I'm
> familiar with equates to angular acceleration  (i.e. one and the same)
> without regard to what induces that angular acceleration. (No mechanical
> connection implied.)  I just did a web search and consistently get the
> same definition I'm using here.
>
> Ed

I don't know how literally I should take your comment that we would fly off
in to space.
I think the result would be an increase in gravity with height so we would
be less likely to fly off to space and getting to space would require even
more energy than it does now.
The key thing would be that the universe would be a very very different one
than the one we presently observe.

Angular acceleration is the rate of change of angular velocity, the second
derivative of angular position.
You need angular acceleration to get a rotary SG rotor up to operating
angular velocity, its rpm.

Centrifugal acceleration is the force the rotating electrode experience at a
given angular velocity, that tends to pull them out of the rotor.
Centripetal force is the equal and opposite force that holds them in.
Its is supplied by the strain or is it stress in rotor.
If the rotor can not supply the necessary centripetal force oops.

Superficially a spacecraft and a rotating electrode appear to be in a
similar equilibrium. with gravity replacing the centripetal force.
So I can see how it would be tempting to assume there is a centrifugal force
balancing it.
However this simple not true. If you were an ant on the electrode you would
have to hang on well to prevent the centrifugal force from throwing you off.
The ant needs to hang on or remain connected to the rotation center to
experience the centrifugal force.
If the ant lets go he will not be flung out because the centrifugal force
will immediately stop he will continue in a straight line or tangent
In the space craft no such problem the ant and the spacecraft are both
falling at the same rate.

I hope this explains it.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl