Re: Secondary Resonance LC and Harmonics.

Hi Ed,

At 06:29 PM 6/26/2005, you wrote:
""i" will have to tie myself down before reading the Corum's paper :o))

Cheers,

         Terry"

        I thought you told me once that any criticism of Cheney or the Corums
was a taboo subject here.

You must be mistaking me for someone else ;o)) I had great disputes with this paper of theirs:

http://www.ttr.com/corum/index.htm

I thought it discounted much of our modern thoughts on Tesla coils way too easily...

But I don't need to tie myself down for this new paper ;-))

In order to be bothered by the Corums you
need to take them seriously in the first place.

I have bought most of their papers over the years and have spent great time studying them... They were the first to apply transmission line theory to Tesla coils which was a great breakthrough!! I don't think they got the details quite right back then, but they had the right idea!!

This new paper is actually very good! It does not do a lot of flaming arm waving and does address Medhurst and modern methods. They took a good look at lumped element analysis and properly pointed out the short comings of it. They are considering their models in a realistic distributed capacity system now. I see their voltage Vs. length graphs are no longer sine waves ;-)) Gosh!! Someday we "all" might be in agreement if this keep up!!

They are still heavy on the "tecno fluff" but they do have some solid points in this paper...

http://www.ttr.com/TELSIKS2001-MASTER-1.pdf

I will not be writing any big rebuttals to it ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry

I have an acquaintance
whowe letters have led me to suspect that he's dumped quite a lot of
money into a "Tesla-like" power transmission system which is somehow or
other connected with the Corums.  The guy is intelligent but not
technically oriented and he never came out and said he'd given them
money.  He IS a strong believer in the "World Power System" and "THE
CONSPIRACY".

Ok, Good for him ;-))

Ed