Re: Tesla's CS Coil Data from ScanTesla and all....

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 6/26/05 5:06:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: "Bart B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cool, thanks Terry (I'm really not going crazy!).

I modeled the Wendover coil and came up with a completely different set of
parameters (thus, my concern). I can say the Wendover coil primary and
secondary info was excellent. Both were about 43 kHz. The tertiary
interestingly was closer to 100 kHz. Something is wrong with the 3rd coil
setup (either very wrong or something is seriously missing. i.e., force
driven? because it is "absolutely not" resonate to the primary and
secondary - even with huge toploads.).

Bart,

Normally in a magnifier design, the tertiary coil is not actually
resonant with anything else.  It's the combination of the tertiary
coil and the secondary coil which taken together are resonant
with the primary.  The secondary and tertiary coil behave as
a single coil in some ways.  Antonio has worked up equations
for building a design which can trap all the energy in the
tertiary at one time (provided the quenching is adequate), but
Tesla did not design his coil that way.  Also regarding the
coupling, the overall coupling of a magnifier system is lower than
the the driver coupling.  Antonio also has an equation for this.

John