Re: RF ground - what if you can't use a ground rod?

At 07:47 PM 6/28/2005, you wrote:

At 07:07 PM 6/28/2005, you wrote:
Or, for that matter, the soil. For a TC or an antenna, in both cases one would want to minimize the losses in the soil.

I would just go get two lengths of 1 inch dia. copper pipe from the hardware store. Bury it in an "X" pattern under where you want to run the coil a few inches deep so it won't bother the grass or anything. This would be better than the ground 90% of us have!!

Keep the primary coil a few feet above the ground or you can induce currents in the soil that can kill the grass. Guess how I know this :o))

Did it burn a mysterious X in the grass? or a spiral? Clear evidence of some sort of cosmic vortex formation? Terry, you may be missing out on a New Age moneymaker here. Large sums of money have been paid for grilled cheese sandwiches with really speculative images on them.

I know we can't discuss things that might come out of such foolery on the list, but surely, using tesla coils to make money is within scope. Perhaps if you were to hang appropriate crystals around the cruciform grounding system the patterns would more accurately represent the cosmic energies being focussed by your Tesla Receiver? And here I was thinking that we didn't want radiation from a TC.. that may be true for spark making, but frankly, people are more willing to pay for spiritual enlightenment than bigger sparks. Inducing higher ground currents may be a "good thing", in a revenue enhancement sense. Just imagine if we could make Lichtenberg figures (clearly a sign of specialness, with their tree-like dendritic formations) in the grass.

Cheers,

        Terry