[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re Secondary Resonance LC and Harmonics
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re Secondary Resonance LC and Harmonics
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:56:32 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:58:24 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <kkPqaB.A.KS.fWzwCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>
We didn't mean to imply that self capacitance was unimportant, just
wanted to restrict the topic to only inductance for sake of brevity.
Actually we sort of suspect that displacement current is strongly
influenced by the difference between the self capacitance of the coil
and the top end capacitance. If we had more time we would look into
Wish also that we had the time and resources to make a more exacting
science out of our mathematical models. We still have not examined all
the rules behind top end loading. We have a Levi configuration that is
still somewhat enigmatic. The equations we used for satisfying
capacitance between the two coils are based on mechanical models that
view the top end capacitance and coils as a spring between two hoops.
Resonating one hoop drives the other hoop anti symmetric.
If you are interested in repeating one of our experiments, we would
recommend reproducing our capacitance to free space experiment. 4 one
pound spools of fine wire, a selection of PVC pipe with varying
diameters and some metal tape covered Styrofoam balls are all you
would need if you already have a tank circuit and primary.
Visually stunning to see sparks of different length and brightness
between two capacitor plates.
We are on the Tesla Web Ring. Our "Capacitance To Free Space" article
will get you to our other articles.
Happy to answer any questions that may arise.
Sincerely Jared Dwarshuis and Larry Morris