Re: Copper Banding?

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott: The diferance of inductance is caused by various factors. The spacing
is first, second is capacitance. If a coil is thin wire the capacitance
between the windings is low. With banding the surface area between the
windings is high so the capacitance is high. Capacitance is out of phase
with inductance and tends to counter act. The total coil capacitance then
reacts with the external capacitance all shifting the total resonant
frequency acting as though the inductance is changed.
   Robert   H