Terry's DRSSTC - First light ;-))

Hi All,

I hauled the thing over to Jerry's house tonight to run it at full power!!

Works great!!

Pretty pictures from handycam video (forgot to take good pics...)

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/FirstFullRun-01.jpg
http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/FirstFullRun-02.jpg
http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/FirstFullRun-03.jpg
http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/FirstFullRun-04.jpg

It worked perfectly until I got a primary power arc which took out two IGBTs:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/Frame19795.jpg
http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/Frame19796.jpg
http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/Frame19797.jpg
http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/Frame19798.jpg
http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/Frame19799.jpg

Damage seems very minimal at first look.  Just two IGBTs blew their tops ;-)

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/IGBTsetTwo.jpg

There is a DIVX movie here (16Meg) of the last few moments.

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/FirstFullRun-short.avi

So it runs great!! and the two IGBT explosions, so far, are well explained...

Replace the IGBTs and make a strike rail and off to the next road trip ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry