[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Terry's DRSSTC - First light ;-))
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Terry's DRSSTC - First light ;-))
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:44:21 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 23:48:52 -0700 (MST)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <ZPAPdD.A.xkF.UfqKCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I hauled the thing over to Jerry's house tonight to run it at full power!!
Pretty pictures from handycam video (forgot to take good pics...)
It worked perfectly until I got a primary power arc which took out two IGBTs:
Damage seems very minimal at first look. Just two IGBTs blew their tops ;-)
There is a DIVX movie here (16Meg) of the last few moments.
So it runs great!! and the two IGBT explosions, so far, are well explained...
Replace the IGBTs and make a strike rail and off to the next road trip ;-))