Re: Terry's DRSSTC - First light ;-))

Thanks Dan!

i could not have done it without your books and parts to study ;-)

Happily, just two IGBTs were ALL that was damaged:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/IGBTBlownTwo.JPG

The new beefier PC board was completely undamaged this time!! So the "use the IGBT as a fuse" thing is finally working!!

I did replace the two TVSs directly in front of the IGBTs since they caught significant "impact" damage as the lids were coming off. I spaced them off the board this time so they were "in the way". They got "flattened"!! Goodness knows how much force is going down in there!! So $15.56 worth of new parts and she is all good to go again :-))

Time to start work on the strike rail :o))

Cheers,

        Terry