Re: Terry`s DRSSTC, gate drive

Hi Steve,

At 08:55 AM 3/10/2005, you wrote:
Hey Terry,

I didnt notice how you were powering your gate drivers, excellent
solution there ;-).  The only complaint i have is that now you cant
use a variac to power the coil... well, you at least need 30V or so on
the bridge.

Each driver uses 35 volts so 70 volts is best. I run it of 45V (5 nine volt batteries) for testing ok too.

But you were set on the idea of no variac, so it looks
like you got what you wanted ;-).

I tested it with the batteries first and from there it runs always off the full 340V buss and pulse width controls the power. Works really well and no variac!!

Im still using them, but thinking
about making PWM to supply my BIG coil at several kVA.

Aside from initial testing, I don't miss the variac at all. But you should have current limits and all that in the no variac case to provide "limits".

Anyway, Finn, the program I use is express PCB, you can get it at
www.expresspcb.com.  Im pretty sure thats what Terry is using too
since that is where he ordered his PCBs from.  Its a simple and free
program.

Yes!! A lot of people are using this nice free program!!

Cheers,

        Terry

Seeya,

Steve

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:16:54 -0700, Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx> > > Terry, > > No, I think I finally get it. > > You seem to be using the same schematic capture program as Stephen Ward ...........................