Re: Random TC Questions

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ben,

It isn't absolutely needed, but if you have one kicking around, use it. It will help keep RF trash to a minimum.

Keep the gap in your strike rail, and absolutely ground it.

David E Weiss

Original poster: "Medina, Benjamin (UMR-Student)" <bamxbb@xxxxxxx>

Hello Folks. I have two random questions:

1. Is an EMI Filter between the NST primary and the power connection
recommended or required? This is a school project.

2. I've seen images of the strike rail having a gap (not connected or
soldered). I read somewhere that there should be a gap so that the
strike rail does not form an inductance which may interfere with the
operation of the primary/secondary magnetic coupling. What happens if I
connect the strike rail and then run that to the ground?

Thanks again!!

Ben Medina
Rolla, MO.