Re: Wireless power transmission

Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>

--- Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" > <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > > > I know we all love big sparks but has anyone done > any serious research and > > tried to duplicate Tesla's claims of wireless > transmission of electric > > power? I would start with the study of lower frequency resonators since apparently the great problem is that resonant circuits in the 8 to 12 hz range are not easily buildable, so first we can study existing models and speculate from there what the requirements would be if the same circuit were to be lowered in frequency. I have a particular low frequency resonator that might be used as a model; where it exhibits a 30,000 hz resonance from 25-30pf scopings; but the coil is only a square succession of 20 zig zag spiral layers of 30 winds, for a total of 600 winds. The layering method is responsible for a certain amount of internal capacity in the multiwound coil where it is the voltage between layers that becomes predominant in the internal CV^2 term, and not the voltage between actual winds that makes little contribution. One mathematical model based on comparing a diagonal layering method for a 25 unit array compared to the conventional zig zag layering showed that the diagonally wound model would have almost 6 times more internal capacity, where if this were true the existing inductor using diagonal windings resonating at 30,000 hz would now resonate at 5,000 hz. Now this particular inductor already resonates 13 times slower then what quarter wave value estimations give, where each wind is only 20 inches in circumference. Supposing then the wire route change were able to accomplish a 5000 hz resonance, how far would I have to expand the circumference to match 500 hz from an alternator? Ten times the initial 20 inch per wind equals 200/12 = 16.6 ft per wind, or a diameter of only 5.3 ft. To model a further reduction down to 10 hz, this would be a 50 fold reduction yeiding 830 ft per wind, for a huge diameter coil of some 264 ft. Just some idle speculation of what a earth frequency resonant coil might look like... HDN