Re: 8Hz secondaries...

Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>

--- Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > At 10:52 AM 3/17/2005, Tesla list wrote: > >Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx> > > > >This may be beside the point, but how the HECK do > you build a secondary > >to resonate at 8 Hertz? What size topload? Please > give details beyond > >"I hacked my secondary in half..." > This will be fun... > Let's see... say you've got a design that works at > 30 kHz. I assume you might be refering to the 600 wind coil multilayered coil where I noted that it resonated at 30,000 hz. In that situation there is no coupled external capacity C, In the analogy I merely used this coil construct and imagined how much bigger diameter wise the same 600 winds would have to be to naturally resonate at 10 hz. Incidentally since ordinary car size 3 phase alternators already have 7 pole faces ,only one rotation yeilds 7 hz. And somewhat more remarkable the actions of an alternator can be regulated with a self feedback loop of stator AC output recycling output current back to the field through a rectification obtained as a load from resonant circuits placed on the alternator, thus establishing a rpm dependent magneto effect, where the alternator outputs power, but no external field currents are necessary, and this process is also rpm dependent. What this means is that we could put an alternator on a windmill, and it should be freewheeling until the rpm is reached where the external circuits are then resonant at that rpm, and then a recirculation of field currents occurs in a controlled manner, where experiments conducted with a constant rpm source by a single phase motor driven alternator, showed that just a direct stator/field rectification feedback loop, without this resonant ballasting will result in an uncontrolled chain reaction between the stator output and field as a runaway remagnetisation loop, bringing the alternator very quickly into overload operation. Unfortunately these effects are negotiated when the field rotor already has an appreciable spin, where the feeble magnetism created by metallic spin is amplified on the feedback loop, so for this example making a 8 hz rpm dependent magneto effect might proove unfeasible, because of the low amount of field rotor spin,,, going off topic here...

And there are special complications for resonating a
coil with internal capacity also, where in this
instance given the L value with C(int) when we add an
external C value, this seems to appear in series with
C(int), so that adding C(ext) and applying the
resonant formula does not yeild the predicted resonant
freq, we must consider the true C value as C(int) and
C(ext) in series.

YOu need to get > to 8Hz, a ratio of about 4000. So, the LC product > has to be bigger by 16 > million. C is pretty hard to get, but I'd start by > putting a ferrous core > in the coil. Think a mu of 1000 is reasonable? Now > we need to get a > factor of 16,000. inductance goes as N^2. If I > used 10 times as many > turns, that's a factor of 100. Now we're down to > 160. Time to start > thinking about BIG capacitors. > > As a practical matter, they build LC resonators for > 60 Hz all the time (for > HV testing, of all things). Yes I did this with some 60 henry coils containing 9 miles of 23 gauge wire, using .12 uf C value, where the 1000 ohm coil gave a q factor of 15, exhibiting a voltage rise 15 times the input. The amazing thing about the 60 hz resonant circuit is that I could light a small radio shack neon from the system when the plug was connected to a utility strip with the switch set to off position. I think perhaps polar capacity currents, or one ended currents with no return wire are responsible for these currents that must come from the grounded side of the circuit, and the off switch evidently does not break that grounded connection otherwise I would not be getting these one ended currents. When the switch is actually turned on, giving two opposite q voltage rises of 15 times 120 VAC; each bipolar 60hz resonant coil can light a 20 inch neon to ground , but not both simultaneously. If one side was given a florescent to ground connection, and a distant location given a neon path to ground, the neon discharge could be controlled by allowing the easier ground of the florescent to be enabled. Since these are bipolar, or opposite voltage rises, if one side were pumping electrons into the ground the other side would be removing them. This provides for some amuzing speculations as we might first measure the supply of resonant voltage rise in open circuit; and then consider the neon/ground path/ florescent pathway as the load on that resonant potential, where if all three of these elments were monitored for the voltage drop, we might arrive at a ground resistance figure calculation. The ground itself might just proove to be a nonlinear resistance, which is evidenced in many loads, such as water, neon tubes, ceramic magnets, and even somewhat inconcievably the field of an alternator. Even more amuzing is what happens for a direct 20 inch neon grounded connection, with the coil system directly hooked to a wall outlet, where the neon bulb rapidly flickers where VHS tapings looked at frame per frame showed about 25 blinks per 60 frames/ second, equating to about 12 hz, BUT if the same system is powered by a variac, where things are said to be isolated from ground, then the bulb does not blink but displays a steady discharge. Very Dry ground conditions can make grounded neon discharges much more difficult. But in this case we wonder if this blinking bulb process somehow correlates to the resonant frequency of the earth, and if this blinking could be used to regulate another power source we might be able to procur a novel method of producing low frequency currents. HDN