Re: Streamer colour

I have a comment.  In running my VDG and observing sparks in a dark
room I see an interesting effect.  Often I get a segmented spark which
looks about like this:

First part, coming from the top terminal, is a fairly straight 4" spark,
ending in

Second part, a point from which am "umbrella" of purplish sparks emerge
and strike whatever.

I don't know what causes this phenomenon (bet Antonio does), but it is
obvious that the current density for the bright blue part must be higher
than that of the whole bunch of purple coming front of it.

Ed

P.S. I wonder how much of what we see is real and what is introduced by
things associated with how the eye sees stuff of very wide brightness
range.