Re: Streamer colour

Original poster: Boris Petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

AFAIK,such effects are present quite often,whenever
leader (positive or negative one)approaches target to
close in for a final jump.Frequently ,a counterleader
or conterpropagting discharge is ignited from the
target to meet incoming spark.When streamer zones
touch each other , plently of happenings start going
on.Leader heads are significantly accelerated,streamer
zones shrink and coalesce giving effects of increased
flash while opening way for a  neutralization wave
over plasma to come.Taking into account a complete
discharging phenomenon,there is not much higher RMS
current nor dissipation there.Just physical
occurrences that produce more appreciable light in a
visible spectra.
In twin coil systems, streamer zones of two leaders
connect somewhere in the interspace and the phenomenon
of expressed illumination should be located there.Any
photos of this anybody??
Speaking of natural lightning,whole channel of
cloud-ground downward lightning goes dimmer and dimmer
observing from ground up to sky becouse of the
attenuation of return stroke pulse front wave along
superlong path.IMHO ,change of RMS current can't be
neglected anymore if the illumination matters are
discussed in that case.

regards,
Boris