Re: LC III

"Transmission line theory was popular in the 80's especially with the
Corums.  But I never saw an example where they actually got the analysis
to work...  They were on the right track, but the devil was in the
details...  "

	Whatever happened to the Corums?  Haven't heard anything out of them
lately.  Last I heard someone on another list said they were working on
commercial applications of Tesla's power transmission system and
"expected results very soon".  That must have been three or four years
ago.

	I think transmission line theory, properly applied, might give fairly
good predictions of the performance of a long skinny coil without any
top load, but that's about it.  With the short coils we make and load
with high-C topload terminals, lumped constant analysis is perfectly
correct and a lot simpler to play with.

Ed