Solid State Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Alexander Turkin" <alex_3@xxxxxxx>

Hello!

My name is Alexander Turkin. I'm writing from Ukraine. I'm fond of
physics. That's why I decided to build my own Tesla Coil. I decided to use Richie
Burrets circuit. So I have some questions about constructing Tesla Coil. I want
to build a Solid State Tesla Coil. So, please answer my questions.
(All the questions are concerning Richies SSTC)

1. How do I make less the number of burned MOSFET's ?
2. How do I tune the circuit? And if I make everything correctly for the first
time, dose it still need to be tuned?
3. What is a layout chart picture (wiring layout)? Please, send it to me, if
someone have it.
4. Is it possible to use IRFP460 as a power transistor? Or STW15NB50 is
better? What other MOSFET's can I use there?
5. Can I use something else instead of MUR1660CT ?
6. There is a photo of PCB on his site. There are 4 IC's, named "MOSFET drive
IC's", but they aren't in the circuit. There is only one IC (TL494). What are
they?
7. In Richies circuit there is a resistor "10R". It means 10 ohm or 10 kohm ?
8. How do I wind a transformer? All the wires should we wound to the same
side?
9. Can I use another primary and secondary coils? Can I change the sizes of
it?
10. What power does the whole device use? Can I plug it to the socket?
11. Can I touch the device after turning off? Or I should discharge the
capacitors?
12. Does the secondary coil need to be in resonance with the primary?
If doesn't, but I'll make it in resonance what will happen?

Well, that's all.
Thanks

Alexander