Re: Streamer colour

Hi Mike,

WOW!!!

The data at:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/mike2004/Wendover_Coil_Print_And_Spec.jpg

Is the first "real" data I have seen about Bob Golka's coil!!

I made some "fast" calculations (might have messed up :o)).

The primary coil and cap appear to tune to ~40kHz with a 78uH primary. Bang energy is 387 J!

The primary to secondary coupling is about 0.44

The secondary alone tunes to about 72.3kHz at 17.62mH and 335pF of Medhurst capacitance.

The third coil comes in at 16.5mH, 89pF and 131.4kHz.

When the secondary and third coil are combined, they tune down to 41.6kHz to nicely match the primary. The break rate could have been up to 400BPS given the generator's spec.

The top voltage, given losses, would be right at 1MV.

This all matches well to the photos and such! There have been many tails about the coil, some exaggerated :-) But his data clears up a vast number of questions!!

Many thinks for finally giving some real facts about this wonderful coil!! Everyone who was there said it was spectacular!! Now we know why ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry