Re: LC III

"It's difficult for those like me who are relatively new to coiling
to appreciate how coil operation was understood in previous decades.
A browse through older material shows a lot of really wacky stuff,
but underneath that there's a steady trend of rational development
of both theory and practice."

	In the "good old happy days" a lot of guys who didn't understand any
theory just wound up coils and were perfectly happy with the results.
That was sure my case when I was a kid and I was delighted with the
rather wimpy results I got.  The only secret is getting the primary to
tune to the secondary frequency and one can get their "by guess and by
gosh".  Point is that one can be happy without going into any theory at
all and no one should be discouraged  by not understanding the stuff
that's been written.  If one wants to take a "mathematical approach" all
of the necessary design equations to come up with a successful first
coil can be written on a single 3" x 4" file card.  The rest is fun for
a lot of us but.....

Ed