Re: Pole Pig Wiring

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Drew,

Assuming you are talking about the HV output of the pig, You could drive the TC primary the same way as a center tapped NST (double ended) or ground one of the bushings and drive the TC primary single ended. I have a 5KVA 14.4KV pig that was wired for 240 operation (both LV windings in series). The LV side has three terminals and I'm not sure if the center terminal connects to the core or not (but then again I havent done anything with it yet). I dont know if one needs to do anything with the core depending on single or double ended output (or if it is even possible to ground the core)

Gerry R

Original poster: Teslamad@xxxxxxx
Can someone tell me the correct setup for a two terminal 14.4KV 10KVA Pig in a primary LC circuit? Do i ground one of the terminals?

Thanks,
~Drew