Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Class of Operation?

Hi Gerry,

At 12:19 AM 5/2/2005, you wrote:
Hi Terry,

Some streamers are long others short. It depends on where the last streamer's ringdown is at and if it syncs up with the next. If the next streamer is in phase with the ringing of the secondary, the streamers are very long. If they are out of phase, the streamers are very short. It almost seems like an out of sync pulse can suck the streamer arc path dry. Sort of poisons the streamer....

This makes perfect sense to me. Sorta like pushing on a kids swing set. Once it is swinging and you stop pushing, the swinging continues. If you start pushing again, you better be in sync with the swings else you suck energy out of the swing. Maybe your SW can automatically maintain sync if it knows the natural frequency.

Gerry R

The stored energy is in the secondary. I only sense primary current so right now the box cannot see the signal to try to sync it. The antenna feedback folks might be able to do this.

Right now it is very easy just to change the BPS a little until it gets a nice sharp streamer. But if the things is operated there a lot, it would be nice for that to be automatically tuned too. Probably vary the BPS over a small range to get the highest RMS primary current....

Cheers,

        Terry