Re: No Terry filter

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 5/2/05 1:12:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

A couple weeks ago I tried substituting my static gap with a SRSG with not
so good results, safety gap fired as much as the main gap , and, took out a
cap. This was after much adjusting,...my coil just didnt like it,....any
ideas ??(  My coil is powered by a single bushing 1.5kva pig with a
homemaded gapped inductive ballast)

If you had a static gap previously, it may have been firing at a higher
breakrate.  If your new SRSG is 120 bps, you may have to set
the safety gaps much wider than previously.  Also the ballast
may need to be set differently maybe.

Cheers,
John