Re: X-Ray Transformer VERY Scarred!- PCBs

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Some of the various trade names that you might find stamped on capacitors or transformers containing PCB's include the following:

             Therminol
               Visconol

I've got a few pieces of old tube electronics from the 50s/60s with Therminol and Visconol capacitors in them. I suspected they might have PCBs in, but since the caps were only small and seemed to be working fine, I thought I would just leave them in place and carry on using the equipment. Should I be worried :-/

BTW- I heard from another source (vintage radio website IIRC) that Visconol is not PCB. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Steve Conner