Re: Terry's DRSSTC 6000 BPS testing

Hi,

On 5/6/05, Tesla list Jimmy Hynes wrote:
> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Can you fill in the rest of the details on this? like, all the ON/OFF
times, bps, energy/bang and all that? 20% compared to what? How were
you normalizing it?

In the normal mode, the BPS could go from 40 to 300 BPS and the T1 time from 10uS to 500uS.

In the burst mode, BPS could go from 1000 to 6000 BPS. The T1 time could go from 0uS to 300uS. There were 25 repetitions in each burst and they were spaced 1 second apart.

The coil configuration draws roughly 200 primary amps and is described here:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/notes/DRSSTCspecifications.pdf

A fairly recent model of the coil is here but does not have the burst mode implemented:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/notes/DRSSTC-22.sch

The streamer was compared to the maximum length I could get in the normal mode.