Re: spray enamel vs shellack

Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All,
Several of you have responded to Steven's question but no one has answered it. He asked if spray enamel is suitable for covering a coil. The answers you gave only addressed his mention of shellac and the superiority of polyurethane over shellac.

I have the same question as Steven. Is enamel paint suitable for covering the wiring of a secondary coil?? Enamel cost less than 1/2 that of polyurethane. I know it isn't much but when you are on an extremely tight budget, as many of us are, every penny counts and if you are like me, you want to expend what funds you have in the most economical way. This way, we can concentrate spending on what counts the most. Thanks.
Paul
Think Positive

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:51 AM Subject: Re: spray enamel vs shellack