Re: Terry's DRSSTC 6000 BPS movie

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry, List,
WOW! I have this movie now and am sharing it using the WinMX P2P network.
You can get it at www.winmx.com, no spyware, no backdoor, etc.
Get it then join the network. After you have established connections, give it ~ 10 minutes or so, search
for file 6000BPS-Testclip.avi and when those connected to both of us your search string will ripple through the network and should fine my system.
Once you see it, download. I can push upstream, after network overhead, 80 kb.
I pay extra to cable company for 6 megs down, 760 k bits up or more.
Great job Terry! I like the sound the short bursts make and they sure look hotter.
If you ground a piece of aluminum foil, flat and one layer, does it make tiny pin holes in it with strikes?
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:09 PM Subject: Terry's DRSSTC 6000 BPS movie

Hi,

The movie is 10Meg in size in the latest DIVX format. Plays best with the DIVX player, or RealPlayer, and ok in Widows player.

At 6000 BPS, the bursts are only like 5mS long and the video compression is loosing the sparks on some bursts. Looks fine on the original HI-8 and S-VHS... The sound also seems to loose precise sync... But it was the best I could do with DR.DIVX and VirtualDUB...

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/6000BPS-TestClip.avi

The server is 256kBPS upload so it might be busy.

Cheers,

Terry