Re: spray enamel vs shellack

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley" <dhmccauley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The question really is . . .

"Do i use something to coat my coil with that no one really has done before
and save maybe a buck tops, or stick
with something people have been using for years and years that is proven to
work."

Hmmm. . . .

Tough question.  There is definitely an obvious answer here.

Regardless of how much you are trying to save, the difference between Spray
Enamel and Polyurethane are about nil.
Stick to the Polyurethane - it works.

And ESPECIALLY since you are on a tight budget, stick to the thing that
works.  Try saving a few bucks with something
new, and you might risk having it not work, therefore you'd spend more money
and time in the long run.

And honestly, if you are trying to save a few cents on the difference
between Enamel vs. Polyurethane coating, you probably shouldn't be tesla
coiling to begin with.

Come on.  Thats like asking whether I should buy that 4" PVC at Lowes which
costs $4.00, or that 4" PVC at Home Depot that costs $3.99.  Silly if you
ask me.

Dan