Re: New coil woes cap concern

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

You can't effectively use a simple multi-meter to test HV caps.  Most will
indicate ok but as HV is applied they can spark over internally above a
certain potential and breakdown.

You need to test leakage current at around 10 kV DC to see if they are ok.
I've posted a circuit with Terry in the archives to perform this test.  It
uses a 10-15 kV DC power source and a series of resistors to determine
leakage current thru neon bulbs.

Dr. Resonance