RE: Current Limiting and Impedence

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok, I had trouble when I substituted a static spark gap with a SRSG , would not operate correctly ,....it was suggested that my home made ballast( gapped 'E' and 'I' core ) was resonating with the ballast, and,I should add more turns to the ballast. Now, just say I wanted a short circuit value of 14 amps , would there be a diff in resonance if I had 270 turns at 14amps , but having to remove the 'I' completly from the 'E' to reach that value , or , to have 160 turns , but having the 'I' shimmed about .06" to reach the 14amps Im lookin for ??? ....between these two configurations , would they still have the same resonances with the cap or ??,,,,,, Heck , I dont know !!!!