Re: ScanTesla program

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 18:40 14/05/05 -0600, you wrote:

I, too, thought that.  But once you've got a half dozen or so components in
the circuit, it gets easier to write a simple routine to crank up the
admittance matrix

Hi Terry, Jim,

If I were doing this, I would do it all with Excel macros probably :P Well actually I would use HP Vee or LabView because we have access to them at work but then nobody else could use it...

I would have a macro that generates a PSpice netlist with the appropriate component values, and then runs the simulator part of PSpice (I think you can run it separately from the command line) Then I would have another macro that read the output file from the transient analysis and scanned it for peak, rms, I2t, etc.

I also use LTSpice which is freeware and I believe it can be scripted from the command line but never tried it. There is also ATP which is geared to power engineering but could simulate a SSTC easily and I think it's open source? We could borrow the ATP "engine" for this project. I would use a ready-made Spice over trying to write my own circuit simulator any day.

*nix guys have it easy because all their tools are always scriptable :-/ They would just hack up a quick Perl script in 15 minutes or something.

Steve Conner