Identifying and Adapting Meters

Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a couple of recording level VU meters from an old tape deck. I want to convert them for other uses such as voltmeters and/or ammeters. They are marked on the back with: T09676, and then PL, SKE3011-04 under this but have no manufacturer data I can discern. I have Googled to no avail. They also have M-18 F cast into the front plate. Does anyone know anything about these meters, such as specs? What I would really like to know is their full scale rating, i.e.. 50 microA?

I would like to use one of these to indicate the output level of the Tesla Coil Tuner, in addition to or in place of the LED. Any help will, of course, be greatly appreciated. I will even accept well intentioned criticism about what a stupid idea this is!! Regards.
Paul
Think Positive