Re: 3 phase coils

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All the three-phase coils I've heard of are DC. Three-phase power provides for less ripple when rectified than ordinary single-phase power does.

BUT...it certainly seems as though one ought to be
able to create a three-phase *AC* coil too.  I'd
imagine it would be something like a bipolar coil, but
with three secondaries instead of two, all wanting to
send big bolts at each other.  Would it really work
that way?

Surely somebody has at least tried a three-phase
Jacob's ladder before...?  I'd love to see that, too.

73,
Aaron, N7OE