Re: some more sstc progress

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

I send a photo of my electronics assy to Terry,

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/KCH_pri5.jpg

, for those interested in my progress so far.  See also

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/KCH_pri4.jpg

 & 1 or 2 others.

At the upper left, the over-current sensing circuit, receiving input from a 0.004 ohm resistance in series with the IGBTs' connection to the "-" mains-capacitors. Across the middle, the 4 IGBT driving circuits ("totem pole" emitter-followers). At the lower left, the driving circuits for a toroidal, multi-winding xfmr that drives the individual IGBT driving circuits; it is to mount under the board at the lower right.

Two big problems remain: 1. I haven't wired it yet; and 2. After I wire it I have to make it work. The most onerous tasks of the whole process.

Ken Herrick