Re: Toroid construction (changed)

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 5/27/05 6:21:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Does the inside really need to be conductive ??? My toroid is settin' on an upside down plastic salad bowl.............I just spiral ( ? ) the wire up to the toroid..................it works, but heck,I dont know!!!

David,

Probably not. My larger toroids of 33" and 40" might benefit from some additional field control because the center discs are also covered with aluminum tape but I make them that way because I mount the toroids on a 1/4" nylon bolt that is fastened to the top of the secondary. All the toroids have a 1/4" hole in the center. The secondary wire is just wrapped around the base that the nylon bolt comes up through so when I fasten the toroid down with a nylon wing nut, I get a good connection from the secondary wire to the toroid center disc.

Ed Sonderman