Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Original poster: Bert Pool <bert.tx@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Ed said:

All I've seen is his "magnetic rectifier", which couldn't work; he must never have built one.

Ed

You sound might confident that it would not work. My experience has been that Tesla's designs worked almost without exception.

This rectifier design was for use with DC motor driven trams, as I recall, and the motors did not require "pure" DC to operate. I've studied the rectifier design, and I expect the output would have been predominantly DC with a rather large AC component riding on top. The rectifier would have been virtually impossible to blow, unlike the selenium and vacuum tube types back in the early days.

Indeed, I would think that there would be an interest in this group for a rectifier that could supply enough power to run multi-kilowatt loads and be practically indestructible. The neodymium magnets we have today are far, far superior to those early weak alnico magnets and would be perfect for this application.

Any of you DRRSTC people out there interested in a DC power source that practically can't be destroyed? This might be it.

I'd like to see you or someone else on this list build a test unit true to the patent example and prove it does not work. As for me, I'm betting my money on Tesla.

Bert Pool