Re: Thinking About A Geiger Counter

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> A Geiger counter measures particles released from Uranium and has
> ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the relatively low frequency energy of a
> Tesla coil which is in the frequency range of an AM radio
> transmitter.
   Tesla coils generate High Voltage.
   High Voltages, under correct conditions, DO generate
   X Rays.
   (The references were cited.....)
   X Rays are a health risk.

   Now I doubt that random coils, will generate significant
   X Rays, however it certainly bears thinking about, and reasoned
   discussion.  'geiger counters' are not usual, or reasonable,
   tools for X Ray surveys, as noted.

>  It is like using an ultrasonic microphone listening for
> earthquakes.  Tesla coils emit low frequency radio waves, not gamma
> rays.
   cf as above.

   best
    dwp