Re: outdoor coils

Original poster: Illicium Verum <sebas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Chris,

I think you can. You just have to look at the specifications of your components to see the temperature range. Where I worked we made military devices that had the circuit boards covered with what was called humyseal (Don't know if I spelled it correct) this to prevent water corrosion. I you want to keep your components on a certain temperature you might be able to use a heating element as well.

I would be concerned if I would live close to a salt water lake as the salt in the air will deteriorate electronics really quick. I have seen maritime electronics that was heavily affected by this.

Kind regards,

sebastiaan

--

Best regards,