Re: Lab sparks make x-rays

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Thinking here that high-intensity sparks produce a very loud sound. The
> sound means that a large amount of air is moved away from the spark
> channel. Maybe for some time interval a high enough vacuum is formed at
> the spark channel, and electrons are accelerated to high enough speeds
> there by the electric field. When they shock against the air around
> the channel X-rays may be emitted.

but electric field inside of the (long) spark channel may be as weak
as 300v/cm, and even smaller - it is enough for successful acceleration?

-----
Neon transformers are doomed in Tesla service! I should know, I've
killed more of 'em than many pople have ever even seen in a life time.
25-03-96 (c) Richard Hull, TCBOR