Re: MMC check

Hi Daniel,

10 caps per string is 30000Vdc. This part is fine. You have 4.7nf per string so I would try only two strings. 9.4 nf should be close enough for your transformer. The highest voltage rating in the 942C series is 2000Vdc so if these are the caps you are using, voltage should also be fine. I dont have specs for the 940 series, so if these are what you are using, try to derate the peak current and rms current ratings. Use JAVATC to design your coil and it will tell you what the peak current is. The part number for the 942C series 0.047uf cap is 942C20S47K (recommended). My offer for free 0.068uf caps (942C20S68K) still stands (used but not abused).

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Langer Giv'r" <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, Im am planning of using 30 Cornell Dubilier 0.047uF 3KVDC polypropylene capacitors for my 10KV 23mA OBIT. I am using 3 strings with 10 each for a total of 14.1nF at 3333.33V. Is this good enough? i calculated the voltage to only 3.3KV? will my caps just pop wheni turn them on or am i good to go? Please e-mail back. Thank you!

Daniel

_