Re: option 1 or option 2. - Option 3!

Original poster: "Qndre Qndre" <qndre_encrypt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I am wondering if the salt (natriumchloride) doesn't get electroanalyzed, converting it into chlorine and sodium, which are both very dangerous substances. Also the transportation is a bigger problem with saltwater caps than with MMCs. MMCs look more professional and do perform better.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: option 1 or option 2. - Option 3!
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:28:14 -0700

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Save some money and build a saltwater cap - compared to an MMC it's much less expensive, much bulkier, but doesn't perform as well. Use clean glass (beer) bottles filled with saltwater. A google search for "saltwater capacitor" should give plenty of designs and such :) A six-pack in a gallon mop bucket will be suitable for your power supply.

Mark Broker