Re: LTR vs. STR for pigs was Re: PFC Question

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> He, he,

> I've contemplated that road once or twice. Lets see, rod stack, pvc
> form, much higher L, probably best to submerge in oil, high voltage
> transients

> But yes, it could and probably has been
> done (I'm assuming you are not suggesting resistive ballasting here).

of course it was done, and i guess very many times.
small power - Mr Conner - no oil, no pvc, no transients - no
problem.
very BIG power - Mr Leyh - absolutely the same.
i`m joining Mr Conner the next year.
the ballast at the primary side may cause the voltage increasing on the
transformer - much higher than nominal, so i`d better let my inductor
to be destroyed, instead of the transformer rated at  several kw.
of course if you use a pig it`s no differ for you - it`s equal to the
sitting in a tank :-)
but it is not example of the good engineering i think.

-----
The solution to no primary hits lay in getting rid of the primary!
This is no joke either.
20-06-96 (c) Richard Hull, TCBOR