Re: New to this

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey Stephin,

Those are truely small transformers.  I would say if
you have any plans to recreate Tesla's experments,
you're going to need MORE POWER.  Even for the tinyest
of coils, those transformers are still a bit weak.

Generally coilers like me like to work with 5000Vac+
with ATLEAST 20mA.  Neon sign transformers are usually
30mA.  You should obtain a neon sign transformer
(NST), or an oil burner ignition transformer (OBIT)
like what is used to start oil furnaces.

HOW MUCH SPARK WOULD YOU LIKE???  If I know, I'll tell
you what you will need to look for.  Currently, if you
did everything perfectly, you "might" get 4-6" of
spark, but that is unlikely since it is you first
coil.  [note: I'm NOT trying to discourage you, I just
don't want you to get "feed up" with all the putzing a
coil requires to get working] :)

Ask any questions you would like, and GOOD LUCK...

Coiler Forever: Jeremiah Popp