Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Ed,

Thanks for the update. Any recommendations regarding substitutes for the four Siliconix VN66AF FETs or the VMP-1 would be appreciated. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm planning two Part-15 compliant 1750 meter beacon transmitters. One will have a Marconi antenna with an insulated counterpoise and the other will be a well-grounded Tesla coil with the exact proportions of the oscillator shown in U.S. Patent No. 1,119,732, "Apparatus for Transmitting Electrical Energy" (see http://www.tfcbooks.com/patents/tower.htm). Both transmitters will have nearly identical driver circuits operating on the same frequency at the bottom of the 160-190 kHz experimenter's band. In both cases the receiving end will be essentially identical to the launching structure of corresponding transmitter.

Gary"

There are plenty of cheap HEXFET's that will work just fine. I'll look over the list and make a recommendation. May get the stuff in the mail this weekend.

Ed