Re: brass fasteners

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

Hi Justin,

If you want two consistent opinions on this subject ask only one person, but ask them twice. ;-))
It is usually a good idea to minimize the amount of metal hardware in the TC itself. You can probably get away with some metal fasteners some of the time, but if you don't have to - well it's like a pack-a-day smoker/biker who rides without a helmet and has "unprotected interpersonal congress". You're betting against the odds. Also remember that at 10 kV+ wood can be conductive,. even varnished wood, if the coating is pierced by hardware.
I have found that the plastic bolts and nuts used for cheap toilet seat hardware works well and is available most places w/o paying shipping.

Matt D.

"If two engineers agree, fire one of them 'cause the other one is doing the thinking for both."
Old Bell Telephone Labs Motto ca. 1940