Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

"Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes Ed. I do mean a choppert or read rectifier, but not a modern two contact
thing. The rectifier is a model t magneto type magnet and a solinoid coil to
a 1" x 2" steel plate like an old earphone or early high impedance speaker
made about the turn of the century.You are old enough to rember the cone
speakers. The read is a single tuning fork that beats againdt a contact at
60 cycles and produces DC out.
--   A mgnetic rectifier is nothing more than a magnetic amplifier biased
beond cutoff to send only one polerity out Ie  Dc out.  They worked very
well when you and I were kids and they work well now.
  Robert    H"

That's exactly the vibrating reed rectifier type to which I referred, except mine used a U-shaped magnet rather than the V-shaped ones in the Model
T magneto. As for the magnetic rectifier, have you gotten one to work yet and if so what have you measured? I still think they can't work.

Ed